of updates to this site
Please note: As of March 9, 2007, this site will no longer be updated.
Here is where I will keep a log of relevant updates I make to
this site -- that is, additions or substantive corrections to the E-mail
addresses, Links and Download
pages. (I won't list here simple "editing" updates that don't affect
anythig anyone wants to know.)
I began logging updates on August 18, 1998.
(For changes to the
E-mail page, I have underlined the letter they are alphabetized under.)
- On the e-mail page, added Michael M. Waddell. On the Links page, updated the information on Olaf Pluta's Abbreviationes program and Abbreviationes Online. (9-Mar-2007).
- On the e-mail page, I updated the information for Fabrizio Amerini, and added Jacqueline Hamesse. (5-Nov-2006).
- On the e-mail page, I updated the information for Mark G. Henninger. (14-Sep-2006).
- On the e-mail page, I added Harald E Braun and updated the entries for Fabrizio Amerini and Luis Eduardo Bacigalupo. On the Links page, I added a link to The Franciscan Archive, containing, along with much other valuable information, on-going translation projects, with facing Latin, of the Peter Lombard's Sentences and Bonaventure's Commentary on the Sentences. (23-Aug-2006).
- After a long delay, on the e-mail page, I added Peter Adamson, Asad Q. Ahmed, Josh Blander, Luciana Cuppo, Jeffrey Hause, Benjamin Hill, Bettina Maria Kreissl, Achim Kuch, Silvia Magnavacca, Claudiu Mesaros, Piero Morpurgo, Ana Palanciuc, Mohammad Saeedimehr, Sara L. Uckelman, and Carlos Vargas, and updated the information for Mario Arosio , Joel Biard, Judith Dijs, Michael Dunne, John Inglis, Douglas Langston, Woosuk Park, Fabienne Pironet, and Olaf Pluta. On the Links page, added links to "Mentalcode: Latin," the online version of Olaf Pluta's "Abbreviationes" project, and Pekka Kärkkäinen's "Medieval Psychological Sources on the Internet." It is with regret that I have removed the "Guestbook" from this site. The script file that ran the guestbook had been hacked and was being used for sending out spammail. (17-Jun-2006).
- On the e-mail page, added Stanley B. Cunningham, and updated the information for Krzysztof Wojcieszek. (25-Dec-2005).
- On the e-mail page, added Alexander Andrée, Dragos Calma, Monica Calma, Michael Chase, Craig J. N. de Paulo, Anselmo T. Ferreira, Daniel B. Gallagher, Griet Galle, Odile Gilon-Fischer, Guillermo Ruiz, and David Sanson, and updated the information for Ernesto Sergio Mainoldi, Irene Rosier-Catach, and Paul Thom. On the Links page, deleted the entry for "Franciscan Studies Homepage" (not to be confused with the journal Franciscan Studies), which is no longer available. (Anyone knowing of its present web location, please e-mail me.) Again on the Links page, restored the link to World Microfilms, and added Steven J. Livesey's CommBase: An Electronic Database of Medieval Commentators on Aristotle and Peter Lombard's Sentences. (19-Dec-2005).
- On the e-mail page, added Lucilla Cervigni and updated the information for Jorge Agusto Da Silva Santos and Christophe Erismann. (2-Oct-2005).
- On the e-mail page, updated the information for Russell Friedman and Giorgio Pini, and added Giovanni Capitano, Jorge Augusto Da Silva Santos , Gautam Satapathy, Martin Pickavé. (17-Sep-2005).
- On the e-mail page, updated the information for Ignacio Angelelli. (25-Aug-2005).
- On the "Links" page, updated the link to the "Richard Rufus of Cornwall Project." On the e-mail list, added Christian Brouwer, Mitchell E. Brown II, and Jonathan A. Glenn, and updated the information for Marilyn McCord Adams, James C. Doig, Jonathan R. Evans, Paula Franso, Stephen Lahey, Sajjid H. Rizvi, and Rega Wood. I also deleted the entries for Sheri Katz, A. S. McGrade, and Stephen Theron. If anyone knows of these people's present e-mail whereabouts, please let me know. (16-Aug-2005).
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Gavin T. Colvert. (12-July-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Cédric Giraud and updated the information for Giovanni Higuera Rubio. (11-July-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Paulo Faitanin and Katia Maria Nascimento Toledo. (24-Jun-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Anthony Bonner. (20-Jun-2005).
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Patrick J. Keleher, Jr. (30-May-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Francesca Yardenit Albertini, Julie Brumberg-Chaumont, and John Catan. (27-May-2005) .
- On the e-mail list, added Khalid El-Rouayheb and Mark Melcher. (25-Mar-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Lucia Teszler and J. L. A. West. (20-Mar-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Aleksandra Bugajak. (1-Mar-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Andreas J. Beck and updated the address for Paul Mayrhuber. (25-Feb-2005).
- On the e-mail list, removed Deidra Parts, at her request. (17-Feb-2005).
- On the "Bulletin Board Information Page," I added an information box at the top to explain how to avoid an error message several users reported getting, which effectively prevented them from using the Forums. (8-Feb-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Ian Logan and Babatunde Taylor. (27-Jan-2005).
- On the e-mail list, added Mostafa Younesie. (09-Jan-2005)
- On the Downloads page, added new translations by Erik C. Kenyon of two of Boethius's theological tractates: On the Holy Trinity and Whether Father, Son and Holy Ghost are Predicated of the Trinity in Reference to Substance. Also on the Downloads page, I removed some old text explaining how to use Adobe PDF format. The format is now familiar enough that the explanation just looked quaint! On the Links page, added a link to Peter King's website. On the e-mail list, added Richard Jackson, Christoph Kann, Catherine König-Pralong, Cathy Read, Wolfgang Villarreal and an alternative e-mail address for Gyula Klima, and updated the information for Robert Andrews and Juan Pablo Barros. (23-Dec-2004)
- Fixed the Guestbook page so that the link that promises to allow you to sign the guest book now actually does so! Also, I fixed some internal links that were referring people to an older version of the Guestbook, where all sorts of spurious things were being posted. I have copied the legitimate entries on the old Guesbook to the current Guestbook page. (9-Nov-2004)
- On the e-mail list, removed Olivier Riordy, pending changed information. (17-Oct-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Olivier Ribordy and updated the address for Giorgio Pini. (13-Oct-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the address for Joan Gibson. (22-Sep-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Maria João Castelo Branco, Patrick Nold, John Peter Radez, and Lisa Scott, and updated the information for Claude Panaccio and Rega Wood (including the link to her "Richard Rufus Project" page on the e-mail list). (12-Sep-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Deidra Parks. (2-Aug-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Paolo Piccari. (14-Jul-2004)
- On the "Links" page, updated the link to the Albertus-Magnus-Institut. (3-Jul-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Vasileios Syros. (27-Jun-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Marco Forlivesi. (21-Jun-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Judith Dijs. (11-Jun-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for James R. Ginther, and added Sylvain Piron. (8-Jun-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Andrea Tabarroni. (6-Jun-2004)
- On the "Add Me to the E-Mail List" form, I have installed a new form-handling utility. Several people have recently indicated to me that they have had difficulty getting the old system to work. The new system requires people to fill in all fields except the "Comments" field in the form (people have routinely been leaving out important information), and will send an e-mail copy of the submitted information both to me and to the e-mail address entered into the form. (1-Jun-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added John Casey. (30-May-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added David Westling. (26-May-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Tobias Hoffmann, Berenice Kerr, Will Lin, and Christian Rode, and updated the information on Thomas Dewender, Henrik Lagerlund, Takashi Shogimen, and Joke Spruyt. On the "Links" page, updated the information Rega Wood's "Richard Rufus of Cornwall Project," including a new web address. (24-May-2004)
- Because of occasional abuse of the guestbook, I have installed a new Guestbook program. The new Guestbook does not display your e-mail addresses (although you must provide one to post anything), and all entries will have to be reviewed and "approved" before they actually appear in the Guestbook. This installation also involved updating links in the other main pages throughout the site. For continuity, I have kept the previous Guestbook entries, so you can still read them, although I deleted all e-mail addresses to help protect you from unsolicited e-mail; I deleted a few entires that I found inappropriate. (23-May-2004)
- On the e-mail list, updated the inforamtion for Peter King. (5-Feb-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Atucha Iñigo, Sebastian Lalla, Gregory LaNave, Marcello Landi, Steven J. Livesey, David Reisman, and Vasileios Syros, updated the information for Russell L. Friedman, Randall Herz, Gail B. Mitchell,
and "activated" the address for Claude Panaccio. (29-Jan-2004)
- On the e-mail list, added Girard J. Etzkorn, Christophe Grellard,
John Lamont, Tiziana Suarez-Nani, Aman Tripathi, and
Rob Wisnovsky, and updated the entries for Joshua P. Hochschild,
Peter King, and Volker Leppin. On the "Links" page,
added Christophe Grellard's Nicholas of Autrecourt page (in French). (13-Nov-2003)
- On the e-mail list, removed Bernd Goebel, who was concerned about the
potential for spammers' abuse of this list. Although I am trying to minimize
this problem, I am happy to remove anyone who wishes to be removed. (If
your e-mail address isn't listed, there's no way for spammers to
get it — at least not from this site!) (19-Aug-2003)
- On the e-mail list, added Giovanni Festini, Mary Gerard,
Victor Kotusenko, Ernesto Sergio Mainoldi, Karen Napoli,
and Claude Panaccio, and updated the entries for Peter Eardley,
Richard Lee, Neil Lewis, Rafael Mora-Martin, Lloyd
A. Newton, Bernadette Preben-Hansen, Andrea A. Robiglio,
and Irene Zavattero. On the "Links" page, added a link
to the Society for Medieval Logic and Metaphysics, and updated the links
for the "Philosophia Medii Aevi" website and the Peter Auriol
Homepage. On the Downloads page, added an article by Paul Vincent Spade
and Stephen Menn, "A Note on the Title of Walter Burley's On the
Purity of the Art of Logic," plus three contributions authored
or edited by John Catan: (a) his article "Recollection and Posterior
Analytics II, 19," (b) a commentary on the Posterior Analytics
by the late James Weisheipl, and (c) a Reportatio compiled
by students from a course taught by Joseph Owens at the Pontifical Institute
of Medieval Studies in 1956–57, entitled The Essential and Accidental
Character of Being in St. Thomas Aquinas, and the Historical Controversy
Surrounding the Problem of the Real Distinction. Behind the scenes
on the Guestbook page, I fixed a post from July 25, 2003, that was automatically
redirecting viewers to another website entirely, and I reconfigured the
guestbook utility to make this kind of cyber-vandalism somewhat more difficult.
- On the e-mail list, added Ray Jones, Alain Galonnier, José
Angel Garcia Cuadrado, and Fergus Kerr, and updated the information
on Cristian Ducu and Marco Forlivesi. On the "Links"
page, added a link to the series Dallas Medieval Texts & Translations.
- On the e-mail list, added Susan Brower-Toland, Fulvio Di
Blasi, Andrew Colin Gow, Lloyd A. Newton, Martin Stone,
and Michael Tavuzzi, and updated the entries for Hubert Hubien,
Angelo Pellegrini, and Sajjad Rizvi. Note:
Beginning with this update, I am entering all e-mail addresses posted on
the e-mail list, both "active link" entries and "non-active
web "robots" that scour the Internet looking for e-mail addresses
in order to send you "spam" e-mail. This is not foolproof, but
on all recent browsers, unless you have deliberately turned it off), the
behind-the-scenes coding is transparent to the user; the page will appear
almost exactly the way it always has. As time permits, I will gradually
convert previously entered addresses over to this new coding. (15-Feb-2003)
- On the "Downloads" page, added my translation of William of
Ockham's Summa logicae III.3.46 (= "De insolubilibus").
- On the e-mail list, added Jürgen Miethke, Tanya Price
and Aurélien Robert, and updated the information for Lukas
Muehlethaler and Paul Thom . (4-Dec-2002)
- On the e-mail list, added Stephen J. Shepherd, updated Kevin Guilfoy
and Ahmed al-Rahim (and re-alphabetized him), and "activated"
the e-mail address for Carl Grame Stewart. (23-Oct-2002_
- On the e-mail list, added Germán Carvajal, and updated the
entries for Marco Arosio and Carl Grame Stewart. (29-Aug-2002)
- On the "Downloads" page, replaced Version 1.1 of Thoughts,
Words, and Things by Version 1.1a, to fix a few font embedding errors.
On the e-mail list, added Carlos Mateo Martínez Ruiz. (12-Aug-2002)
- On the "Downloads" page, added Version 1.1 of my Thoughts,
Words, and Things: An Introduction to Late Mediaeval Logic and Semantic
Theory. (This is a "minor upgrade" only; nothing substantial
has been changed.) On the e-mail list, added Maude Corrieras-Mannu
and updated the entry for Bernd Goebel. On the "Links"
page, added links to two complete on-line sets of the Latin text of Thomas
Aquinas's works, Thomas Aquinatis Opera Omnia, and Corpus thomisticum.
- On the "Downloads" page, added Rondo Keele's translation of
Ockham's Circa virtutes et vitia. On the e-mail list, added Jozef
Matula and Paul Thom, and updated the address for E. P. Bos.
- On the e-mail list, added Bernardo Bulla Pinto and updated Irene
Rosier-Catach and Stephen Theron. On the Links page, updated
the information on the Abbreviationes project, now available to licensed
users on-line. (2-Jun-2002)
- On the e-mail list, corrected the entries for Lukas Muehlethaler
andSajjad Rizvi, updated the entries for Bonnie Kent and Martin
Lenz, and added Randall Herz. (7-May-2002)
- On the e-mail list, updated the address for Wojcieszek Krzysztof,
and added Luis E. Bacigalupo, Mechthild Dreyer, Gina Heinbockel-Bolik,
Lidia Lanza, and Gregory Reichberg. (23-Mar-2002)
- On the e-mail List, added Giulio d'Onofrio. On the "Links"
page, added a link to "Medioevo Italiano." (19-Jan-2002)
- On the e-mail list, updated and corrected the information for Ludovic
(not Ludivoc!) Bizet, Catarina Dutilh Novaes, Gad Freudenthal,
and José Ricardo Pierpauli, and added Rudy Cambier,
Pekka Kärkkäinen, and Richard Utz. On the "Links"
page, added Pekka Kärkkäinen's site on late mediaeval nominalism
at Erfurt (Jodocus Trutfetter and Bartolomäus Arnoldi von Usingen),
and updated the link to the De Rijk/Bos project "Medieval Logical Manuscripts."
- On the e-mail list, added Antonio F. Adlaz, Catarina Dutilh
Novaes, Christophe Erismann, Megan Mohr, Lukas Muehlethaler,
A. Peretó Rivas, and Wolfgang Wackernagel, and updated
the entries for Patricia Inés Bastidas, Gernd Goebel,
and Hartmut Westermann. On the "Links" page, added a link
to Wolfang Wackernagel's Eckhart site, and to Imprimatur, a shareware
markup language interpreter for publishing critical editions. (10-Nov-2001)
- On the e-mail list, corrected the entry for Liz Caberra, updated
the entry for Alec Gordon, and made the entry for Christopher Schabel
a "live" link. (14-Sep-2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Liz Cabrera, Juan Héctor Fuentes,
Roberto Plevano, Graziella Federici Vescovini, and "unactivated"
the address for Tomas Ekenberg. On the "Links" page, added
a link to Massimo Parodi's on-line provisional edition of John of Mirecourt's
Commentary on the Sentences, Book I. On the main page, restored the
image of Isidore of Seville, patron of the Internet, who had somehow got
deleted. Let us pray that he will intercede for us, so that it won't happen
again! (3 Sep 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Marco Toste, updated the information
for Juan Pablo Barros, and updated the link to Massimo Parodi's
"Storia della filosofia medievale" home page. (6 Jul 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Ludivoc Bizet, and updated the information
for Cristian Ducu. On the "Links" page, updated the links
for the HTML version of the English Dominican translation of Thomas Aquinas's
Summa theologiae at the New Advent site. (1 Jun 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Joke Spruyt and Aurelio Pastori.
(30 Apr 2001)
- On the e-mail list, updated the location for Thomas Dewender, updated
the e-mail address for Modi Shaban, corrected the one for Sean Harvey,
and added Alessandro Raffi and Chrys Sahgal. On the "Links"
page, updated the link to Allen & Greenough's New Latin Grammar
at the Perseus Project. (22 Apr 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Cristian Ducu. (3 April 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Mark Henninger and Prashant Sandilya.
(31 Mar 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added Antoine Côté and Alessandro Ghisalberti.
(2 Mar 2001)
- On the e-mail list, added José Ricardo Pierpauli. (28 Jan
- Reconfigured the "Guestbook" page. Cyber vandals had been posting
objectionable messages on the previous Guestbook. The new system will allow
me easily to delete inappropriate postings, and to ban their posters from
posting again. Otherwise, the system should pose no obstacles to users.
In addition, the new version of the Guestbook includes a handy "Search"
feature. All (legitimate) entries to the old Guestbook have been copied
to the new one, so that viewers can see the complete list. Please let me
know if you encounter any difficulties with the new system. (28-Dec-2000)
- On the "Downloads" page, added a paper of my own, "Why
Don't Mediaeval Logicians Ever Tell Us What They're Doing? Or, What Is This,
A Conspiracy?," and a paper by Nathan Basik, "The Guilt of Boethius."
- On the "Links" page, updated the link to the Pontifical Institute
of Mediaeval Studies. On the e-mail list, corrected the address for Christoph
Flueler, and added Steve Blakemore, Alain Dierkens,
Barbara Faes, Sean Harvey, Joshua P. Hochschild, Jean-Marie
Sansterre, and Jacek Surzyn. (21-Dec-2000)
- On the e-mail list, added Paul Crittenden, Patrick J. Keleher,
Jr., Victor Udopko, and Hartmut Westermann, updated the information
for Jeffrey E. Brower, Alessandro D. Conti, and Michael Dunne,
and corrected the information for Ria van der Lecq and Joerg Alejando
Tellkamp. On the "Links" page, updated the link to the
Medieval Academy of America, and added links to the S. Th. de Aquino OPERA
site of on-line texts, the Franciscan Studies Homepage (not the journal,
but a site of Franciscan documents), and to Ria van der Lecq's "Johannes
Buridanus, Summulae I "De propositionibus" site. (30-Oct-2000)
- On the "Links" page, corrected the link to the Formal Ontology
site. On the e-mail list, updated the addresses for Charles Bolyard
and Frano De Capitano, and added Harm Goris, Hans Kraml,
and Edwin Chr. van Driel. (10-Sep-2000)
- On the "Links" page, added links to The Peter Auriol Homepage,
"Franciscan Authors, 13th18th Century: A Catalogue in Progress,"
and to an on-line version of the 1909 edition of Graesse's Orbis Latinus.
- On the e-mail list, added Caery Evangelist, Martin L. Pine,
and Stephen Theron, and updated the address for Stephen Lehay.
- On the e-mail list, added Vaclav Dvorák, Christoph Flueler,
N. Kearney, Aymon de Lestrange, Clay Maxwell, and Albert
Pinto. On the "Links" page, added links to the Fédération
internationale des institutes d'études médiévales (F.I.D.E.M.),
the Formal Ontology site, the Christian Classics Ethereal Library, and the
Macedonian Heritage Mount Athos site. (3-August-2000)
- On the "Links" page, restored links to "The Gregory of
Nyssa Home Page," "The Muslim Scholars page," "Collate
2" and "The Aquinas Cafe." Thanks to everyone who help me
find these again. We've recovered them all! (9-July-2000)
- On the "Links" page, found and restored the link to "Critical
Edition Typesetter." (7-July-2000)
- On the e-mail list, added Richard Cross, Anthony J. Celano,
Stefan Hirschmann, Jonathan How, and Elena Lissaniouk.
On the "Links" page, updated the links and some of the information
for "The Internet Connection for Medieval Resources," "Ramon
Llull (1232/33-1316)," "The Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval
Studies," "The Early Church Fathers," "The Catholic
Encyclopedia," "Late Medieval and Early Modern Intellectual History,"
"John Kilcullen's Phil252, Phil360 page," "John Kilcullen's
POL167, POL264 page," "Ockham's Dialogus," and "Massimo
Parodi's (Milan) page 'Storia della filosofia medievale II (1995/96)'."
Also on the "Links" page, deleted the broken links to "The
Gregory of Nyssa Home Page," "The Muslim Scholars Page,"
"Critical Edition Typesetter," "Collate 2," and "The
Aquinas Cafe." If anyone knows of new links for these sites, by all
means let me know. (6-July-2000)
- On the e-mail list, corrected the address for Rafal M. Kepa (=
Rafał M. Kępa). (11-Jun-2000)
- On the e-mail list, added Valérie Cordonier, Jonathan R. Evans,
Rafal M. Kepa (if your browser can display it correctly, it's: Rafał
M. Kępa), and Andra A. Robiglio. On the "Links"
page, added links to AlbertTheGreat.com and to Typographica Academica Traiectina.
- On the e-mail list, added Patricia S. Burton, Margaret Cameron,
and Luisa Valente, and made the address for Tomas Ekenberg
a "live" link. (6-May-2000)
- Replaced the search engine on the "Search" page with a new one,
powered by Searchbutton.com. (19-April-2000)
- On the "Links" page, updated the link to Iwakuma Yukio's 12th
Century Logic Home Page, and added links to Revue thomiste and to
the project Die Umbrüche in der Wissenskultur des 12. und 13. Jahrhunderets
at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt. On the e-mail
list, added Joakim Dahlström, Tomas Ekenberg, Nik Nikolas,
an e-mail link to the Revue thomiste, and corrected the address for
Robert J. Podkonski (Podkoński, if your browser can display
it correctly). (12-April-2000)
- Hmmm. The replacement page for explaining the inscriptions in the "Supposition
Dragon's" tail doesn't seem to work at all! (It did right before I
uploaded it!) So for the present, we'll revert to the old system.) (18-March-2000)
- Replaced the page explaining the inscriptions in the "Supposition
Dragon's" tail. (See "The Dragon's
Tail Explained!") The earlier page there had explanations that
I thought were just too hard to see clearly. The new page should be clearer,
but does require that your browser be able to handle "frames."
(Any recent browser should work fine.) On the Home page, I added at the
bottom a picture of Isidore of Seville, the patron saint of computers, computer
users and the Internet. I thought it was high time he find a place here.
(May he bless this site and all who use it!) On the e-mail list, added James
C. Doig, and updated the entry for David Berger. (18-March-2000)
- On the e-mail list, added Edmund Brumfitt, Gregor Schwarb,
Luis Vega Reñon, and Krzysztof Wojcieczek. Updated
the e-mail address for Costantino Marmo, and added a temporary e-mail
address for Henrik Lagerlund. Updated the present page ("Log
of Updates") by adding the section on notifications of activity on
the Forum page, above. (1-Mar-2000)
- On the e-mail list, added Elizabeth Mozillo-Howell, Sajjad Rizvi,
José Antonio de C. R. de Souza, and Thomas Storgaard.
On the "Links" page, added a link to David Burr's "The Olivi
Page," for information on Peter John Olivi. (17-February-2000)
- Added a "majordomo" utility, to inform subscribers of updates
to the Forum page. (The new Forum software is not compatible with the service
I was using earlier. But that service still works for informing you of updates
to this page.) Both registered and non-registered users of the Forum
page may subscribe to this majordomo utility. For details, please see the
instructions above. (13-February-2000)
- On the "Downloads" page, removed the links to the self-extracting
"Zip" or "Stuffit" files of "The Course in the
Box," and added an "interim" Adobe PDF file containing Version
2.0. This can be viewed or downloaded in the usual way for PDF files. Note
that this is an interim version only, until Version 3.0 is ready.
Several people had been reporting difficulties with trying to get the Zip
or Stuffit files. (7-February-2000)
- On the e-mail list, corrected the address for Sharon Kaye, and
added Marco Arosio, David Berger, Alexey Boiko, Ane
Bysted, Franco De Capitani, Marek Gensler, James Ginther,
Adam K. Gogacz, Alex Gordon, Elzbieta Jung-Paczewska,
Jeffrey Hamburger, John Marenbon, Scott Miller, and
Robert J. Podkornski. On the "Links" page, added links
to the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Natural Philosophy (Nijmegen),
and The Electronic Grosseteste. (27-January-2000)
- Updated the internal links throughout the system, to point to the new
Bulletin Board system. (Please let me know if there are any problems.) On
the "Downloads" page, I corrected the name Jonathan "Houser"
to Jonathan "Couser." (25-Jan-2000)
- Installed an entirely new Bulletin Board system, powered by Ultimate Bulletin
Board software. All "real" messages from the old system are transferred
to the new system. The old "Forum" page is now deactivated (although
it is still visible). I will update internal links throughout the system
as soon as I can. (23-Jan-2000)
- On the e-mail list, added Benoît Beyer de Ryke, Creighton Rosental,
and Tony Street, and updated the information for C. H. J. M. Kneepkens,
Bernadette Preben-Hansen. (4-Jan-00)
- On the e-mail list, updated the e-mail address for F.-X. Putallaz,
and added Patricia Inés Bastidas, Gale Oxley, Antonio
Pérez Estevez and Takashi Shogimen. On the "Links"
page, added a link to Fabienne Pironet's page containing a complete transcription
of and other information on William Heytesbury's Sophismata. (28-Nov-99)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Russell Friedman and Calvin
Normore, and added Debernardi Massimo and Samuele Sangalli.
On the "Links" page, updatted the links for Gyula Klima's homepage
and Robert Pasnau's homepage. (2-Nov-99)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Gyula Klima and
for Robert Pasnau, and added Luciano Cova and Paul Mayrhuber.
On the Home page, added a notification of the StudyWeb "Academic Excellence
Award," which this site won on October 16, 1999. (30-Oct-99)
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Francesco Romano.
- On the e-mail list, updated the information for Kevin Guilfoy.
- On the e-mail list, added Antoine Leandri, George Molland,
and Paloma Pérez-Ilzarbe, and updated the information for Sharon Kaye,
including adding a link to her home page. On the "Links" page,
added a link to the site "Équipe de Recherches sur les Mystiques
Rhénans: Maître Eckhart, Jean Tauler, Henri Suso, Rulmann Merswinn."
- On the "Downloads" page, I once again updated my "The Warp
and Woof of Metaphysics" (see the entries below for 27-Jul-99 and 19-Aug-99),
to correct several pesky typographical errors sent to me by Charles Bolyard.
If for any reason anyone still wants the 19-Aug-99 version, you can get
it here. (10-Sep-99)
- On the e-mail list, added Charles Bolyard and updated the entry
for Giorgio Pini. On the "Links" page, added a link to
Terence Parsons' Home Page, which in turn contains a link to a page of downloadable
translations (in Adobe PDF format) of several texts in mediaeval semantics.
- On the e-mail list, updated the entry for Neil Lewis. (27-Aug-99)
- On the "Downloads" page, fixed the link to the translation of
Richard of St. Victor's On The Trinity, Book One. (It was pointing
to "The Warp and Woof of Metaphysics" instead.) Also on the "Downloads"
page, the links to Adobe PDF files now open in a new window rather than
in a frame. (This allows for a cleaner view of the text.) On the e-mail
list, updated the address for Shawn Floyd, added Toivo J. Holopainen,
and moved from Harald Berger into proper alphabetical order. On the
"Home Page," I removed the remark at the top about what to do
if you reached this site from its old location at phil.indiana.edu. (That
location has been moved to a new machine, and we took the opportunity to
purge a lot of out-of-date files.) I also removed the "News Flash"
notice about the page of explanations for the inscriptions in the "supposition
dragon's" tail, since that's no longer news. (25-Aug-99)
- On the "Downloads" page, posted an updated version of my "The
Warp and Woof of Metaphysics" (originally posted 27-July-99). The original
version had no "version number," but we'll retroactively call
it "Version 1.0." The new version is then "Version 1.1."
It differs from the original only insofar as I have fixed one tiny typographical
error.If anyone has downloaded the original version and wants to know exactly
what the difference is to see whether it's worth bothering to download it
again, here it is: It's on p. 23, in the reference to Aristotle. The superscript
'31' you find on that page should be a superscript 'b' followed by a lower-case
'31'. That's all it is. Also on the "Downloads" page, posted two
new translations by students or Rega Wood: Richard of St. Victor, On
the Trinity, Book One (Jonathan Houser, trans.), and Richard Rufus,
Lectura Oxoniensis in Sent., Book I, Distinction 42 (Astrid Storm,
- Added Harald Berger and Scott Matthews to the e-mail list.
- Added Costante Marabelli to the e-mail list. On the "Downloads"
page, added a paper "The Warp and Woof of Metaphysics: How to Get Started
on Some Big Themes" (Adobe PDF format, 178,731 bytes). Revised the
entire "Downloads" page to eliminate the clumsy mechanism for
downloading and then changing the extension for Adobe PDF files. Also, on
the "Downloads" page, announced a forthcoming new version (Version
3.0), revised, updted and more "Web-friendly," of my A Survey
of Mediaeval Philosophy ("The Course in the Box"). (27-Jul-99)
- Corrected the spelling of Philip W. Rosemann's name on the e-mail
- Added Marco Forlivesi, Bernd Goebel, Marek Peplinski
and Phillip W. Rosemann to the e-mail list. On the same e-mail list,
made the entries for Scott MacDonald and Olaf Pluta "active"
links (that is, just click to send an e-mail message), and added to Olaf
Pluta's entry a reference (and link) to his Abbreviationes
Web page. On the "Links" page, removed the link to "The Muslim
Scholars Page," which seems to be no longer in operation, corrected
the link to Bernt Karasch's "Critical Edition Typesetter" site,
and added a link to the Sadra Islamic Philosophy Research Institute Removed
several items from the "Forum" page that were no longer current
— in particular, notices regarding the Medieval Academy of America's meeting
at Georgetown (held in April of this year) and about the World Congress
of Mulla Sadra (held in Tehran in May). (10-Jul-99)
- Added Fabrizio Amerini and Riccardo Quinto to the e-mail
- In response to a suggestion, I've added a page to explain the inscriptions
on the tail of the "Supposition Dragon." You can get to it from
the Home Page or from the "Note on the 'Supposition Dragon'" page.
enabled on your browser, and be able to view PNG image files. (Recent versions
of both Internet Explorer and Netscape will work fine, unless you've disabled
- Added Shawn Floyd and Frank A. Mills to the e-mail list.
Updated the URL for the Aquinas Cafe on the "Links" page. (11-Jun-99)
- Added Alain de Libera to the e-mail list. (28-May-99)
- In the e-mail list, I deleted the entry for late Norman Kretzmann,
updated the entry for Liam O Comain, and added entries for Marjorie
Eljach, Shelly Keyes, Martyna Koszkalo, Luca Parisoli,
André Rangel Rios, Carl Grame Stewart, and Christoffer Vig. Added a
link to Fabienne Pironet's home page on the "Links" page. Also
on the "Links" page, I corrected some information and some of
the links to the "New Advent Catholic Supersite." (24-May-99)
- Added Rémi Brague and Concetto Martello to the e-mail
list. Updated information on André Goddu on the e-mail list. Removed
several "notes" on the e-mail page about "non-standard"
HTML characters that wouldn't appear correctly on text-only browsers. (I
decided they were probably no longer needed, since such browsers have virtually
disappeared. If you are using one, by all means let me know.) Removed three
messages from the "Forum" page, concerning conferences that have
already occurred. Also removed one message I thought was inappropriate for
the purpose of the page. (As I state on the "Forum" page, I reserve
the right to do that.) (13-Apr-99)
- Added Liam O Comain and Anthony Willing to the e-mail list.
- Removed the little "New" graphic from the Table of Contents
entry "Log of updates to this site" on the Homepage.(It had been
there since August of 1998, so it hardly counts as "new" any more.)
Corrected e-mail addresses for Joel Biard, Bernadette Preben-Hansen,
and Martin Tweedale, and added entries for Francesco Romano
and Paul Thom on the e-mail list. Updated the link to the Thomas
Aquinas Webpage (Utrecht) on the "Links" page. (17-Mar-99)
- Corrected a broken link to the text of my "Three Questions by John of
Wesel on Obligationes and
Insolubilia" on the "Download" page. (28-Feb-99)
- Added a link to "Researchproject of L.M. de Rijk and E.P. Bos: Medieval
Logical Manuscripts" to the "Links" page. Added James E.
Barr, Michael Dunne, Rafael M. Mora-Martin, and Modi
Shaban to the e-mail list. "Activated" the e-mail addresses
for Timothy Noone and Irene Zavattero on the e-mail list,
and, on the same list, added a link from Irene Zavattero's entry
to her "Philosophia Medii Aevi" page. I also fixed a few typos
on the "Links" page, and changed some of the HTML code so that
following a link will close any frames you might be viewing in my
site. (I figure that if you want to follow a link, you want to leave
my site, and so don't want my frames left in view at the top and the left.
You can always get back to my site if you want to by clicking the "Back"
button on your browser. (11-Feb-99)
- Updated the address for Hubert Hubien on the e-mail page. (23-Jan-99)
- Added a link to "Philosophia Medii Aevi" on the "Links"
- Added Yvonne Fide, Giovanni Higuera Rubio, Jacob Schmutz,
and Irene G. Zavattero to the e-mail list, updated the e-mail address
for Loris Sturlese and activated the e-mail address for Pasquale
Porro. On the "Links" page, added entries for "The
Aquinas Cafe" and "Scholasticon." (13-Jan-99)
- Added Giovanni Higuera Rubio to the e-mail list. (17-Dec-98)
- Added Andrea Di Maio to the e-mail list. (13-Dec-98)
- Updated e-mail information for Irene Rosier-Catach, on the e-mail
- Added Otfried Lieberknecht to the e-mail page, and updated e-mail
information for Anthony Speca on the e-mail list. Added links to
Otfried Lieberknecht's Homepage for Dante Studies and to the Email Forum
Medieval-Religion on both the e-mail list and the "Links" page.
On the "Links" page, added a link to the University of Toronto's
Collaborative Programme in Ancient and Medieval Philosophy, to Librairie
Philosophique J. Vrin, to Martin Irvine's Guide to the Hard Little Words,
to his Latin Resources page, to A Web of On-line Dictionaries, to the Cahiers
de l'Institute du Moyen-Âge grec et latin (CIMAGL), and to the
Institute for Greek and Latin (University of Copenhagen). (22-Nov-98)
- Added Elizabeth Karger and Doug Renselle to the e-mail page.
- Added Jay Gibson to the e-mail page. (20-Oct-98).
- Corrected the e-mail address for Giorgio Pini on the e-mail page.
- Added Stephen Lahey (Nebraska) and Henrik Lagerlund (Uppsala)
to the e-mail list. Added links to Rega Wood's "Richard Rufus
Web Page" and to the European mirror site of Gyula Klima's Homepage
to both the e-mail page and the "Links" page. Added links to the
Bochumer Philosophisches Jahrbuch für Antike und Mittelalter,
to the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy and to the Hugo-von-Sankt-Viktor-Institut
(Frankfurt) to the "Links" page. Updated the link to the Critical
Edition Typesetter (CET) on the "Links" page. (4-Oct-98)
- Updated Christopher J. Martin's (Auckland) e-mail address, on the
e-mail list. Added Paul Streveler (West Chester University) and Giorgio
Pini (De Wulf-Mansion Centrum) to the e-mail list. (17-Sep-98)
- Added Robert Andrews to the e-mail list. Added alternative e-mail
addresses for Simo Knuuttila and A. S. McGrade to the e-mail
- Corrected the e-mail address and affiliation for Jeffrey E. Brower,
on the e-mail list. (1-Sep-98)
- Corrected e-mail addresses and affiliation for Calvin Normore,
on the e-mail list. (1-Sep-98)
- Added Martin Lenz to the e-mail list. (30-Aug-98)
- Corrected the e-mail address for Jörg Alejandro Tellkamp (see
the entry for 24-Aug-98). I also added a line to the form on the "Add
Me to the E-mail List" page, so you can tell me explicitly where you
would like your e-mail sent. (Previously, I was getting it from the header
of the "mailto:" message sent to me when you submit the form.
But that method doesn't always give the right results.) (28-Aug-98)
- Added Sharon Kaye and Gail B. Mitchell to the e-mail page.
- Fixed the URL-minder code in the second fill-in form on this page.
(I had entered it incorrectly.) If you've previously registered to be notified
of changes in the Guestbook or the Forum Page, you should reregister now.
The old code would notify you only of changes to this page, no matter what
you asked to be notified about!) (26-Aug-98)
- Added Jörg Alejandro Tellkamp to the e-mail list (24-Aug-98)
- Added Alessandro D. Conti to the e-mail list. (20-Aug-98)
- Added Juan Pablo Barros S. to the e-mail list. (18-Aug-98)
[Log of updates] [E-mail addresses] [Links] [Download]
[Personal home page]
March 9, 2007